You may write me down in history with your bitter, twisted lies,/ You may tread me in the very dirt/ But still, like dust, I’ll rise.
Still I Rise is an 8 week workshop which teaches skills and tools to live beyond trauma and shame. Using an integration of Emotionally Focused Therapy, Brene Brown’s understanding of shame and authentic living, and modern mindfulness practices, this workshop will cover a wide range of topics:
- What is trauma
- Dealing with Depression and Anxiety
- Dealing with ADHD and learning to focus
- The healing power of relationships
- Shame, authentic living, and safety
- Dealing with the past and learning to live in the present
- How Trauma effects the body
- How to talk with those who don’t understand
- The impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences
Workshops will be held on Monday evenings at six pm at the Place Building in Monroe located at 220 Desiard St, Monroe, LA 71201.
(despots cover the first two classes and are nonrefundable)